Wednesday, January 4, 2012
My Cinema
For a film lover working in the cinema is the best. You get minimum wage but who cares when all you want to do with your time is to see movies. I work in a little cinema with only two rooms. We play mostly children movies, Hollywood movies and some German and Austrian movies too. And yes they are all dubbed in German. We try to get English originals too! For me watching movies in German was first a horror but i have got used to it.
The building it self is very old. If I'm not completely wrong it was build in 1930s. So it has lot of charisma that new shiny 15 room cinema complex doesn't have. I just love the building! In the old books we found in the cinema was written that the cinema was closed because of the war. Those books were all most hundred years old! That's history!
We moved to digital time over a year ago. I still miss the old film projectors and the huge film rolls. But 3D needs new technology and the customers want the best.
Work itself in the cinema is not glamorous at all. Its lot of cleaning and making popcorn. But to see the people really enjoyng the time and loving the films make me happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment